POST Online Media Lite Edition



 

England: Pig poops out pedometer, starts fire

Christian Fernsby |
A fire on a farm in northern England was accidentally set by one of the pigs.

Article continues below



Topics: ENGLAND    PIG    FIRE   

The firebug had swallowed a pedometer worn by one of its fellow pigs to demonstrate that the animals were free range, the BBC reported.

But after the pig excreted the pedometer, copper in its battery sparked a flame in the pig dung and dried hay bedding on March 7 at approximately 2 p.m. local time, according to the BBC. The fire spread to cover about 75 square meters of the farmyard before it was contained, according to The Independent.


What to read next

European pig price returns need to be reflected in Irish prices
Scots producers asked to sign new pig health charter
Irish pig processors fail ot follow European market