New station boost for passengers thanks to £16 million UK government investment
The Department for Transport (DfT) has given the green light for the stations, which will provide long term benefits to passengers and the wider economy.
The government will invest over £16 million in the schemes under the new stations fund, which gives local communities improved rail services. All of the new stations will be accessible, with step-free access throughout.
The successful bids are:
- Horden Peterlee in County Durham which will receive £4.4 million of DfTfunding towards a scheme worth £10.55 million
- Warrington West in Cheshire, which will receive £4.23 million towards a total project cost of £17.2 million
- Reading Green Park which will receive £2.3 million towards a total project cost of £16.5 million
- Bow Street in Ceredigion, Wales which will receive £3.945 million towards a total project cost of £6.76 million
- Portway Parkway near Bristol which will receive £1.672 million towards a total project cost of £2.23 million. ■