U.S. Maritime Administration gives $20 million to American shipyards
The grants, provided through the Small Shipyard Grant Program, help eligible shipyards modernize operations, improve efficiency and reap the benefits of increased productivity by investing in emerging technologies and a highly skilled workforce.
It has created more than 400,000 family-waged jobs and more than $37 billion in U.S. GDP.
The following SCA member yards were awarded a combined $5,347,274 through the Small Shipyard Grant Program:
- Bollinger Shipyards, Lockport LLC in Lockport, LA
- Chesapeake Shipbuilding Corp. of Salisbury, MD
- Fincantieri Marine Group LLC dba Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding in Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Gravois Aluminum Boats, LLC in Jeanerette, LA
- Marine Hydraulics International, Inc. in Norfolk, VA
- Master Boat Builders, Inc. in Bayou La Batre, AL
- Sause Bros. Inc. dba Southern Oregon Marine, Inc. in Coos Bay, OR. ■