RPA confirms 2016 Basic Payment Scheme value
The Euro exchange rate that will be used to calculate all payments this year is €1 = £0.85228.
Under the BPS scheme, farmers need to hold an entitlement for every hectare of eligible land they are claiming on. The size of farmers’ payments will depend on how many entitlements they use, supported by eligible land and the value of those entitlements.
Entitlement values are:
- €175.27 for non-SDA (Severely Disadvantaged Areas)
- €174.01 for upland SDA, other than moorland
- €45.97 for upland SDA moorland
Farmers must also meet greening rules to receive additional funding. The greening part of payments will be calculated by taking the number of entitlements that they have used with eligible land to claim payment and multiplying it by the greening value.
The greening rates are:
- €77.71 for non-SDA (Severely Disadvantaged Areas)
- €77.15 for upland SDA, other than moorland
- €20.39 for upland SDA moorland. ■