POST Online Media Lite Edition



 

Huawei gets vote of confidence from Philippines’ Globe Telecom

Staff Writer |
Globe Telecom said that concerns over the potential threat posed by Huawei to national security were overblown “to a certain extent” and that it was pushing ahead with a planned roll-out of fifth-generation (5G) commercial services in the second quarter of this year.

Article continues below




“They may provide the equipment, but we run the network and so we know what passes over our network, what goes through it,” Globe Telecom president and chief executive Ernest Lawrence Cu said in a phone interview with Bloomberg Television on Tuesday.

“We’re very confident that we’re well protected,” he said, as the company had been given a “clean bill of health” by UK and Israeli consultants hired to conduct extensive checks of the network “with regards to back doors, Trojan horses and stuff like that.”


What to read next

University of Oxford says no to more Huawei funding
Huawei's brilliant year: a 33 percent rise in net profit
Huawei procured $3.4 billion from Europe