POST Online Media Lite Edition



 

Vistra Energy completes $1.7 billion acquisition of Dynegy

Staff Writer |
Vistra Energy has completed its all-stock acquisition worth about $1.74bn of Texas-based energy company Dynegy.

Article continues below




The closing of the merger deal was done after approval from stockholders of both the companies in March followed by receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals.

It was in last October that the merger was proposed by Vistra Energy, the parent company of Texas-based retail electricity provider TXU Energy and electric utility Luminant.

Vistra Energy will be the name of the new combined company, which will be based in Irving, Texas.

While Vistra Energy will have a stake of around 79% in the combined company, Dynegy shareholders will hold the remaining stake of 21%.


What to read next

Horizonte buys GAP, creates one of largest nickel projects globally
Shell buys Morgan Stanley's Europe gas and power trade book
INEOS spends $1 billion to buy oil and gas business from DONG Energy