American Express bottom line declines 14% in Q1
The company said its earnings fell to $1.2 billion, or $1.34 per share. This was lower than $1.4 billion, or $1.45 per share, in last year's first quarter.
The company said revenue for the quarter fell 2.5% to $7.9 billion. This was down from $8.1 billion last year.
American Express Co. earnings at a glance:
- Earnings (Q1): $1.2 Bln. vs. $1.4 Bln. last year
- Earnings Decline (Y-o-Y): -14.3%
- EPS (Q1): $1.34 vs. $1.45 last year
- EPS Decline (Y-o-Y): -7.6%
- Revenue (Q1): $7.9 Bln vs. $8.1 Bln last year
- Revenue Change (Y-o-Y): -2.5%. ■