Carnival Corporation Q1 income retreats 7%
The company said its profit came in at $279 million, or $0.38 per share. This was down from $301 million, or $0.39 per share, in last year's first quarter.
The company said revenue for the quarter rose 3.8% to $3.79 billion. This was up from $3.65 billion last year.
Carnival Corp. earnings at a glance:
- Earnings (Q1): $279 million vs. $301 million last year
- Earnings Decline (Y-o-Y): -7.3%
- EPS (Q1): $0.38 vs. $0.39 last year
- EPS Decline (Y-o-Y): -2.6%
- Revenue (Q1): $3.79 billion vs. $3.65 billion last year
- Revenue Change (Y-o-Y): 3.8%
Next quarter EPS guidance: $0.43 - $0.47
Full year EPS guidance: $3.50 - $3.70. ■