Mongolia reports human case of anthrax
"The result of a polymerase chain reaction test has revealed that a 37-year-old nomadic herder from Undurkhangai soum of the province has contracted the anthrax," said a statement of the provincial department for zoonotic diseases.
Anthrax is an infectious disease caused by Bacillus anthracis, a spore-forming bacterium, which occurs naturally in soil and mainly affects livestock and wild animals.
People can get sick with anthrax if they have contact with infected animals or contaminated animal products. ■