Bodies of mine collapse victims in Northern Mexico recovered
“We mourn the loss of our colleague, Juan Carlos Moreno Cervantes. The Attorney General of Mexico (FGE) said that his body has been recovered,” the organization, comprising of family members of victims of a mining accident in the Mexican state of Coahuila in 2006, said in a message on Twitter.
Moreno was initially identified as the fifth miner, but was handed over to the wrong family, an error that the authorities acknowledged and said later that the fifth body recovered was that of Damian Ernesto Arias.
On Wednesday night, the FGE reported that a sixth body had been pulled out, that of Leopoldo Mendez Sanchez.
According to the organization, the bodies recovered in previous days were of miners Mauricio Cortes, Humberto Rodriguez, Pedro Ramirez and Gonzalo Alberto Cruz.
The recovery of the bodies of the seven miners was completed nearly a week after the mine collapsed on June 4. ■