POST Online Media Lite Edition



 

EU drugs regulator says limited number of documents accessed in cyber attack

Christian Fernsby |
Europe’s medicines regulator said on Friday an investigation had so far revealed that a limited number of third party documents were unlawfully accessed in a cyber attack and that it had engaged an external agency to carry out a full probe.

Article continues below




"EMA has engaged a specialised third-party service provider to support the full investigation that is currently being carried out in close cooperation with law enforcement and other relevant entities.

"This company will contribute to the additional security measures that are being put in place in response to the data breach.

"So far, the investigation has revealed that a limited number of documents belonging to third parties were unlawfully accessed. The concerned third parties identified at this stage have been contacted and duly informed," the agency said.

"The Agency remains fully functional and its timelines related to the evaluation and approval of coronavirus vaccines and treatments are not affected.


What to read next

UK blames Russia for cyber attack last year
Lithuanian defense minister targeted by cyber-information attack
Amnesty International says Hong Kong office hit by China-linked cyber attack