European outbound travel increased, Spain and UK underperforming
After an exceptionally strong 2017, Europe is still on a solid growth path, however could not surpass the figures from previous years.
The outlook for 2019 is positive with further growth expected.
• Strongest source market: Poland
• Also positive: Sweden, Russia, Italy, Germany, Austria
• Underperformers: Switzerland, Denmark, United Kingdom
• Best performing destinations: Turkey and Greece
• Underperforming: Spain and UK
• Forecast for 2019 positive with expected growth of 5% more international trips
Cruises have been a booming and much discussed topic in the recent years.
Around 30% of passengers are Europeans, with the most important source markets being Great Britain and Germany.
USA is the biggest source market of millennial outbound travelers in 2017.
• This is followed by China, Great Britain and Germany
• In sum, these 4 source market make up 35% of all millenial outbound travels. ■