POST Online Media Lite Edition



 

Ithaca Energy expands in Greater Stella Area

Staff Writer |
Ithaca Energy took another step in its "hub and spoke" strategy in the Greater Stella Area of the North Sea after signing four agreements to acquire further interests in the Vorlich and Austen discoveries.

Article continues below






In parallel, the company had completed the majority of the deep water marine marine system trials for its FPF-1 floating production facility.

The transactions announced on Tuesday held the potential to help extend the life of the company´s facilities.

The oil and gas explorer announced the purchase of an increased stake in Vorlich - taking its overall interest from 17% to 33% - via agreements inked with ENGIE E&P, INEOS and Maersk to acquire block P1588.

BP held an 80% operator interest in another licence, P363, which contained the bulk of the Vorlich discovery and Ithaca the remaining 20%.

That transaction would add another approximately 4m barrels of oil equivalent in net proven and probable reserves to its portfolio and leave Ithaca as the sole operator, Ithaca said in a statement.

The Greater Stella Area was located in the heart of the Central Graben region of the Central North Sea, on the UK continental shelf.

AIM-listed Ithaca also bought a 75% interest and operatorship in the Austen discovery, an oil and gas condensate field which lay 30 kilometres from the GSA production hub. Premier Oil held the remaining 25% stake.

FPF-1 was to be deployed to the Stella field once its trials were completed.


What to read next

Ithaca Energy to delist from AIM, TSX after Delek takeover
Ithaca Energy agrees Delek Group takeover
Direct Energy buys Astrum Solar